Sunday, February 05, 2006

Feb4. Swim-all-you-can. Hah! I broke my personal patience record (no-watch check) to 1:24h. I swam for 1:31h total probably covering around 3km. My only reason for stopping -- I badly need to pee and I just havn't acquired the pee-while-swimming skill yet. Besides, I was lapping in a hotel pool ;)
Discovery: There was this amazing discovery, a phenomenon w/c I'll call "beyond 2nd-wind". I was doing hyphoxic swimming exercise of 6strokes/1breathe. Half-way thru the routine, I did 6 and 8 alternate, then 8-10, and I was really surprised to do 10-12 (sometimes stretched 14strokes/breathe) - Sustained! Geez - amazing to discover what the human body can do. Now it is easier to believe those things they teach in free-diving schools.

Feb5. Re-living World War II. Pix is a view from the top of Mt. Samat. Foreground is my 14-yr old pack containing 25Liters of water. One of the more boring routine is to walk the hi-way with such a big pack, then a short road hike to the top of this World War 2-vintage mountain. Posted by Picasa