Training life goes on...
Elo readers, I have not been posting pix coz either my cam is non-digi (too lazy to find a scanner), or i haven't receive copies yet (from my teammates)
Last weekend's affair was my 'spike-up' training, and since I was too lazy to find and climb a huge mountain, i decided to simply walk from Orion (Bataan) ferry port 11km northwards. Took me 4hours (incl breather stops), and guess what the spice was -- 30 #$&@ liters of water in my pack!!! I'm carrying almost half of my weight (~33kg total pack weight). My body is still sore as hell, as i type this text.
I remember this curious group of kids who asked me where I was headed to;
kid1: "San po kayo pupunta?" (where are you going, po?)
me: "Sa Maynila..." (to Manila)
kid1: "Huh?! Ang layo naman po?!" (huh? but that's far far far far away..)
kid2: "Lakad lang?!" (on foot?!)
me: "Oo lakad lang, pero tatlong araw.... hehe" (yeah, for 3 days...)
kids: "(murmuring..)"
And of course they actually believed me, and now they have a new hero. Poor kids.. haha
Well come to think of it, 130km/3days of hike in a flat road is not so bad, compared to 26,900ft Cho Oyu climb. =)

<< Home