Jan28. Lost in the jungle! A group of UPM (new batch of trainees) made an ascent of Gulugod Baboy (Anilao) via Theodoro route. I've decided to lengthen my solo trek and started my walk (with 20kg pack) from Anilao Pier around 11:30ish, and climbed via Sulu long-route. Damn the trails! I got lost for 2.5hrs and it took me 5:30h to reach camp! Probably the longest recorded Gulugod climb :) hehe. 3:30h-mark and getting cloudy-dark: I was already in a semi-desperate condition (no way up and no way down) so I've decided to bathe with 5li water (to reduce 5kg hehehe) and went straight for a ridge w/ no trail. I hit jackpot but got bruises all over, there was even this instance of a palm bush ("wait a while" plant) with long extended thorny vine w/c managed to wrapped itself around my bare head. Man, that was some crown-of-thorns experience :( and it was dead-tiring going up and down in wrong invisible trails. I later told my team mates that I found this Gulugod climb more difficult than Aconcagua haha!
(Top of Mt Gulugod)


<< Home