Last training, ready or not
… my alarm clock ‘bringed bringed’ at 5am, and I finally woke up @520 after several snoozy minutes. Checked the weather, HARD RAIN!! Normally, I’ll go back to sleep, contented with a good alibi not to do a routine. But my reaction then was different, “this is perfect for a bad weather training!”.
Soon I was cycling my way from my house to CCP ferry station (4km), then another 11kms of pedaling in Bataan (after the ferry ride). The weather was ‘better’ here, pouring rain, slippery highways, blinding rides (I have no fenders). Then I switched from bike to hike with pack containing 20 liters of water + 1li of Gatorade (last week I did 30li H20 so I thought I’ll ‘relax’ a bit). I walked 4kms (high-way), then climb Mt Samat (3.5 of 7km up). Now speaking of heavy rain, my hike was not something “under the rain”, it’s like being under a falls. Talk about torrential, monsoon rain, grabe!”. Half-way up the mountain, I turned back coz I have to catch the 3pm ferry ride home. Then switched to cycling (nope, I don’t have the 20li anymore) back to ferry (11km), then CCP back home. Whew! It’s not so much of a cardio training (I didn’t even reach 150), but it was a uniquely nice and WET Saturday getaway.
After my Mt Samat run-down, I was waiting for a bus going northwards (to pick up my bike), and had a chat w/ a youngish local girl: (pls don’t get me wrong)
Me: “Kanina ka pa ba ng-aabang ng bus?” (w/c could mean: “Where have you been all my life?!”)
She: “Opo, pero pa-Bagac, kadaraan lang ng bus pa-North”. (wc could be translated to: “Gosh he’s so cutie… kakagigiiiiillll”)
Me: “Ah ok.. Thanks!”
Me again: “San ka ba galing.. “ (She doesn’t seem to be a resident)
She: “May activity po kami, clean-up” (= “We have a clean-up activity here”).
She again: “E kayo po..”
Me: “Wag mo nga akong po-in!” (= “Don’t ‘po’ me! I’m not that old.”
She: “Hihihihi” (w/c could again mean, “Gosh he’s really cutie… and so athletic-looking” - - with matching mini-lundag-lundag).
A tri-cycle finally came by, and I asked for a trip to the main road. As I boarded…
Me: “Sige una nako, nice meeting you… Pakatino ka ah.. “ with a smile of course.
Translation= “Ok I’ll go ahead and nice meeting you, be a good girl!”
She: “Bakit po, hindi ba ‘ko mukhang matino…” (“I look like a bad girl?”)
Me: “Kaw pa, obvious naman e…” (Translation: “Hello?!”)
She: (all smiles) Murmuring…”E naman po.. xxxx po… blah blah blah”
I barely heard what she was saying coz I was taking off. I waved her goodbye w/ smiles (I said don’t get me wrong), and she was still saying something while half-laughing, and half-kilig-ing.
There’s always something to smile about when you think of those little encounters with complete strangers. :)

<< Home