Sunday, January 15, 2006

Jan 14. Hiking a small mountain in Batangas. It is small, that I have to climbed it twice just to get a significant cardio boost. D plan is to do it 3x, but we (with a training buddy) felt lazy and tired after the 2nd. Tsk tsk, talk about discipline :)

On our 2nd go-up, I accidentally brushed thru a leafy plant full of wasps, I instantly felt strong stings hitting my right arm and almost panicked. It was burning, hot-painful reminding me of the crown-of-thorns starfish that hit me a year ago, worse than a sea urchin sting, worse than a toxic millipede, more painful than bites of 10 giant red claw-ants (- but less traumatic than a T-rex bite). I initially thought those things were bees (imagine a colony attacking you), but as I ran blindly and looked back, d platoon flew away. Whew! I thought I saw 3 wasps simultanesouly hitting me w/ their stings, but checking after 'the dust settled down', I counted 8 sting hits!! Geezz! With no anti-histamine or quack-doc remedy in my pack, i thought of aborting. Good thing my system can tolerate high dosage of such stings, and I didnt even have swells or black marks after, just annoying instant burning pain and few disintegrating red dot marks in my triceps area. If those dudes were radioactive (ala spider-man), I'll probably mutate and call myself "Boy Putakte" soon after! =)
Tsk tsk, those no-goodniks violated our "Trekker-and-insect code of non-disturbance", we'll avoid trekking thru thick leafy jungle when trail is available, and the insect world (at least those annoying ones) should NOT build homes along the trails! Anyway, I think I recognized 2 of the putakte culprits, i'll teach them some lessons when I get back there... :)

Posted by Picasa


Jan 15. Back on the saddle for a quick bike in the Asia Mall area, then speed ride to D Fort to eat some siomai, and to hopefully have a good glimpse of hot babes loitering in the area. Asa pa on a 3pm hot day.